Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Creating Purity

Good afternoon!

I've been doing a great deal of thinking these days on my soaps and the materials I use to create them, and have come upon a plan for something entirely new to add to my shop. Of course, I am excited about this - a new pathway for my little venture is a tantalizing prospect.

I have decided to produce glycerin soaps in minute batches that offer something unique to a small, specialized community of folks with whom I have some endearment of spirit. With the craziness of my schedule these days, I am unable to pursue much in these private matter of interest, but I am hoping that this tiny modicum of offering will be joyously accepted and may alleviate some of the frustration that's been plaguing me.

I am being intentionally vague for a reason, by the way.

These glycerin bars will be focals for purifying body and soul, containing ingredients to engender this quality and made in the appropriate conditions for such to come about. We are talking precious materials folks, items that hold truly spiritual qualities and are revered worldwide for their healing properties.

THINK: frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, copal, orris and amber (to name just my favorites).

I know it may seem somewhat abstract to some of you, but at this point in my life I feel the need to do this. Soap is a great thing to take part in, but these specializing recipes I will be preparing are a bit risky for cold processed soaps; after all, who wants to have to throw out 50 bars of soap should the recipe fail, when it would be far less painful to have to toss 2 bars?

I'll be adding these little glycerin gems to my etsy site within the next month, selling them there with my cold processed soaps, facial items and hand toasted spice blends. I am anxious to see the response to their listing. Making them will be a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my personal blog.

All views written herein are my personal beliefs, values, etc. If you do not agree with what I say, so be it; however, this is not a forum for argument, cruelty or slander. Only constructive or polite comments are welcome!

Life, Love, and Strength!