Sunday, October 18, 2009

Flora's Dial and a Sale Notice


Today's post is in celebration of the brief appearance of the sun after the torrential rains of yesterday! Enjoy!

From Flora's Dial: containing a flowered dedicated to each day in the year, and an appropriate poetic sentiment for each flower. By J. Wesley Handson, 1846

October 18

Rhododendron - danger

Before I gang awa from thee,
I'll speak my heart out fu' and free,
And gin ye listen now to me,
And wee bit wordie, -
'T will do ye good, my donsie, wee,
And bonnie birdie!

Och! dinna trust admirin' man!
He'll gain a heart where'er he can,
And grasp it wi' a cruel han, -
And wound it sorely!
And then, wi' man's and woman's ban,
Ye'll fare but puirly!

~ J.Wesley Hanson, Lowell, 1846

Two Strands Soap Works - Weekly Special! October 14th - 21st

Enjoy special savings on our cold process and natural glycerin soaps! Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!

Details may be found at our website: http://www.twostrandssoapworks.etsy.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my personal blog.

All views written herein are my personal beliefs, values, etc. If you do not agree with what I say, so be it; however, this is not a forum for argument, cruelty or slander. Only constructive or polite comments are welcome!

Life, Love, and Strength!