Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Musings in the Creative Night


What I dream of as I watch the night come forth . . .


I dream of a rich date soap, dark with the juice of pomegranates, crusted with salt from the Dead Sea in the East.


I envision myself elbow deep in a bow of netjeri, scrubbing away the toil of another day as the sun makes His long journey towards dawn.


And I can almost smell the earthy sweetness of an incense that was burned by my ancestors 4,ooo years ago to call down the gods to protect their home.


Amidst this I am grinding incense by hand, the mortar and pestle circling, powdering down roots, peels, resins and herbs, to make them ready for a fire.


It is the magic of quiet moments, solemn music and flickering candles; the moments we are taught to ignore, to turn away from; the moments when I breathe deep and feel my soul stretching back into eternity, across a million years.


Find the blessings - they are everywhere.


Have an enchanting evening. :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my personal blog.

All views written herein are my personal beliefs, values, etc. If you do not agree with what I say, so be it; however, this is not a forum for argument, cruelty or slander. Only constructive or polite comments are welcome!

Life, Love, and Strength!